TOMB RAIDER: DEFINITIVE EDITION ANNOUNCED AT SPIKE VGX 2013
Square Enix Studio was happy to announce the new Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, releasing for Xbox One, and Playstation 4 on January 28th , 2014. In the game Lara Croft, a young and eager student, becomes a survivor when disaster strikes. The game is a fully rebuilt version for the next-gen systems featuring a detailed Lara Croft and lifelike world.
Lara Croft in amazing next-gen graphics:
– An all new Lara model created to take advantage of the power of next-gen consoles
– TRESS FX technology that delivers realistic hair simulation and motion with every strand being physically active
– Shader and lighting reworked to showcase the raw physicality of Lara’s journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects
A world transformed thanks to the new hardware architecture:
– The world has been dynamically brought to life using complex physical world simulation on trees, foliage, cloth, weather, lighting and effects
– All texture resolutions have been created at 4x resolution for maximum resolution and detail
– In-game characters, enemies and destructability have been enhanced for added depth and realism
– Subsurface scattering technology implemented to capture the most physically accurate lighting simulation and deliver a great sense of believability
– Native 1080p gameplay gives outstanding visual fidelity and showcases the beauty of Yamatai in all its high definition glory
The Definitive Edition will include all DLC released for the game, a Dark Horse comic, Brady Games mini art book, and the final hours developer videos. Gamers who pre-order the game will receive a special art book featuring new concept art.
“’Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition’ is so named as it’s exactly what we’ve custom built for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system consoles,” said Crystal Dynamics Executive Producer, Scot Amos. “The new hardware let us finally express the original vision in all of its glory. This was a continued labor of love. We pulled the game apart and rebuilt it with painstaking detail to add enhanced visual storytelling but without changing the award winning tale. The end result is a cinematic living world. We can’t wait for fans and newcomers alike to experience this rebuilt epic adventure.”
TOMB RAIDER®: DEFINITIVE EDITION will be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 January 28th, 2014, priced at $RRP59.99.