Winners of the Indie Prize Showcase, North America announced by The Casual Games Association (CGA) in San Francisco. Of more than 100 independent development teams chosen by the Indie Prize committee to demonstrate great unpublished games, 10 teams walked away with Indie Prize Awards.
Developer Czarcade was awarded Best in Show for the casual mobile puzzle game Clobbr. The Indie Prize for Best in Show was determined by the audience of show attendees and developers participating in the Indie Prize Showcase. The remaining nine awards were determined by the Casual Connect Indie Prize Committee.
“It is astonishing to see how far talented and creative developers like Czarcade can take their games without the help of a publishing contract or venture capital, The Indie Prize Showcase has fast become the most talked about event at Casual Connect and something we hope continues to drive innovation and new publishing relationships.” said Jessica Tams, Managing Director of the Casual Games Association
INDIE PRIZE SHOWCASE AWARDS LIST (award/ title/ developer/ platform):
- Best In Show: Clobbr by Czarcade (Mobile)
- Best Game Art: Dragon Up by East Side Games (Mobile)
- Best Game Audio: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams by Black Forest Games (Console/Steam)
- Most Innovative Game: 7 Grand Steps by Mousechief (PC Download)
- Best Story: The Ballads of Reemus by ClickShake Games (PC Download)
- Most Promising Game in Development: Lost Toys by Barking Mouse Studio (Mobile)
- Best Mobile Game: Skiing Fred by Dedalord Games (Mobile)
- Best Desktop Game: Guns of Icarus Online by Muse Games (Steam)
- Best Puzzle Game: Rise of The Blobs by Robot Invader (Mobile)
- Best Multiplayer: Astroflux by Fula Fisken (Online browser)
Additionally, five game development teams received Director’s Choice award, sponsored by Unity: Winning Blimp – Mosaique Keybol with Pretentious Game 2, MagicalTimeBean with Escape Goat 2, Archive Entertainment with 8BitMMO and StaalMedia with Steamyballs.
Elin Jonsson, co-founder and artist at Imaginary Games received the Most Prominent Female Developer Award.
Indie Prize Showcase at Casual Connect USA was sponsored by BlackBerry, Applifier, SponsorPay, Gamestick, Soomla, Kongregate and Microsoft. Special prizes were furnished by AppPromo, Applifier, BlackBerry, ClickTeam, Tango, Unity and WildTangent.