Tandem Events, the organisers of the Develop Conference being held in Brighton UK have announced the final line up for this years event.
It will be in the Hilton Metropole building on the 10th-12th July 2012, and marks the 7th year running this event.
Last years brought in over 1,559 game developers from over 20 different territories, and makes it the leading conference for game developers seeking information.
Over 100 sessions are listed this year, including:
- 17 Evolve sessions – Tuesday 10 July
- 4 free Expo sessions – Wednesday 11 July
- NEW! 6 Indie Dev Marketing sessions – Wednesday 11 July
- 62 Develop Conference sessions – Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 July
- 7 Audio sessions – Thursday 12 July
- 7 Indie Dev Day sessions – Thursday 12 July
The full list can be found at:
The main Develop Conference covers 8 different education tracks. These are Art, Business, Coding, Design, Evolve and Production plus the all new Visionaries and Education tracks.
The Evolve Conference will be covered on Tuesday 10th July. Wednesday the 11th and Thursday the 12th will cover the Develop Conference, Develop Expo, Indie Showcase, Indie Dev Marketing, and last but not least; the Indie Dev Day, Audio track on the 12th.
Evolve focusses on how to develop games for all the new and emerging platforms, new technologies, and social/casual gaming. No doubt mobile gaming will play a big part in this years event.
The Indie Dev Day is for independant studios, new start-ups, wannabe indies, freelance developers and students and is a day long conference running alongside Develop.
The Indie Showcase will be a dedicated area within the Develop Expo on the 11th-12th July and will show some exciting new indie projects currently under way.
Highlights for this 2012 event will include the following:
- Evolve Keynote: Jason Holtman , Director of Business Development, Valve; Everyone’s Business is Business
- Art Keynote: James Zhang, Founder and CEO , Concept Art House; Evolution of Art in Social and Mobile Games
- Audio Keynote: Stephen Root, Director of Audio, Codemasters
- New Visionaries track , including sessions from Gaikai’s David Perry, Eidos Life President Ian Livingstone, David Braben with Raspberry Pi and Blitz Game Studios’ Philip Oliver
- Indie Game: The Movie – free screening hosted by Ukie in association with Develop in Brighton on Tuesday 10 July at the Odeon Cinema on the seafront
Tandem Events has over 25 years in bringing events to life, producing market-leading exhibitions, conferences, and events.
They have brought to life the Develop Conference and Evolve in Brighton, Evolve in London, Develop in Liverpool, GamesDevMasterClasses, Games:EDU, Games Marketing Forum and Games Grads.
For more information on this company, visit: