Capcom will celebrate the legendary franchise with a limited edition Street Fighter® 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set.
Along with this set, Capcom will host a new international tournament, with high performance prizing, with over half a million dollars in support.
The limited edition will be available in North America from the 18th September 2012 for the Xbox 360®, and PlayStation®3. A release date for the UK has not yet been confirmed.
The Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set is a must have for avid fans of the series. Created as a celebration and a tribute to its fans, each will be individually numbered, and full to the brim with games, video, art, music, and exclusive collectables. Also included will be a certificate of authenticity, all housed in a specially created chest.
The limited edition Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set includes:
- Past and Present Street Fighter Games – Playable on current gen PS3™ and Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter® III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter® X Tekken® including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans – and vice versa – throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter®IV and Super Street Fighter®IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter®II: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games .
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic “Fūrinkazan” in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
All of it will set you back $149.99 in US dollars, though again, UK pricing or release dates have not been confirmed.
As mentioned earlier, Capcom are hosting tournaments to celebrate the success of all the games over the period.
$500,000 cash, none cash prizing, and amenities will be at stake.
They will feature in locations around the world, with the final taking place on the 8th Decemeber 2012 in San Francisco.
The tournament will feature Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.
This is a list of the current dates and locations of the Street Fighter 25th anniversary tournaments though these are subject to change at any time:
- July 28-29 in Austin, TX
- August 11-12 in the NY area (location pending)
- August 26 in Taipei, Taiwan (location pending)
- Mid-September in the Tokyo Region, Japan (date and location pending)
- September 27-30 in London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
- October 13-14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
- October 27-28 in Los Angeles, CA
- October 31 – November 4 in Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
- December 8 Finals in San Francisco, CA
The first place Street Fighter X Tekken winner will be crowned champion, and win a custom designed Scion FR-S Sports Coupe!
Capcom partnered with Scion, Five Axis, & Sony Computer Entertainment America to create this one of a kind sports car.
It will contain video game hardware from SCEA, & a modified exterior from Five Axis, including an AD Aero kit, spoiler, wheels and much more.
A Street Fighter 25th Anniversary website will also be created, allowing fans to share stories on what made them fans, and how the series has affected their lives.
It will also host details on the tournaments and how to apply.
It will be at: