The hit strategy game developed by Fraxis Games, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, will be getting a expansion titled, XCOM: Enemy Within. This expansion will release November 12, 2013 at the price of $19.99, for the PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 consoles.
XCOM: Enemy Within will add a plethora of new abilities, upgrades, and weapons to combat against the new enemy that threatens the world. There will also be New Maps, and new multiplayer content providing a new experience to the game. A list of features can be found below.
· New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of your operatives:
– Gene Mods: Construct the Genetics Lab to physically enhance your operatives’ abilities including augmentations to the chest, brain, eyes, skin, and legs.
– MECs: Build the Cybernetics Lab to enable the construction of the new Mechanized Exoskeletal Cybersuit, or MEC. The new MEC Trooper class has specialized abilities and each suit can be upgraded with new weapons including the flamethrower and grenade launcher.
· New Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
· New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien classes including the Mechtoid.
· New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as MELD, has been released onto the landscape providing access to new research and upgrades.
· New Tactical Challenges and Maps: New tactical challenges are introduced across an additional 47 maps.
· New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create your custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
For more information on everything XCOM check out the website at http://www.xcom.com